Baingan ka Bartha recipe is one of the most favorite recipes of everyone. This baingan ka Bartha recipe is easy to prepare and delicious in taste. We prepare baingan ka Bartha recipe with fewer spices. Baingan is a rich source of fiber and antioxidants. Baingan(eggplant) is also a great source of vitamin c, vitamin k, vitamin B6, thiamine, manganese, magnesium, copper, folic acid and more. Eggplant also raises the process of digestion.\r\n\r\nBaingan ka Bartha is a fire-roasted baingan cooked with spices. Roast the baingan(eggplant) over the gas on medium flame. The most important thing is roasting the baingan over the flame gives the great taste or flavor to the recipe. Some people roast the baingan(eggplant) using the microwave. But fire-roasted eggplant gives the smoky aroma and flavor that makes the dish too good. You also roast some garlic cloves with the baingan(eggplant). Roasted garlic cloves and roasted tomato give divine taste to the dish. Here I use 5-6 cloves of garlic.\r\n\r\nOnce the baingan is roasted mash it well and cook with spices such as ginger, chili, onion, garlic, and cumin seeds. I also used peas in my dish but peas are optional. If you are a spice lover you also use green chili and red chili powder. I here use black pepper powder and fennel powder which increase the taste of baingan bartha. Roasted baingan ka bartha cooked with Indian spices is a very popular dish in North India. It is one of my favorite dishes. I enjoy it with roti or plain parantha.\r\n\r\nhttps://youtu.be/KVqztm8QGZ0\r\n
Step by Step method to make baingan ka bartha
- Wash the baingan. Make 4 slits in it using a knife.
- Put the baingan over the gas stove on medium flame. Keep the baingan turning after 2-3 minutes on the flame till the baingan turns soft from inside. It takes 10-12 minutes to cook.
- keep aside to cool.
- once it cools peel off the skin of baingan and mash using a fork.
- Take a pan and put 2 tbsp of ghee/oil. Here I use ghee.
- Once the ghee is hot add cumin(jeera), fenugreek(methi) seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add onion and ginger and fry until translucent.
- Now add 1tsp turmeric powder and 1tsp red chili powder and mix it well.
- Add tomatoes and cook for a minute.
- Now add peas and salt and stir well. Cover the mixture and cook for 4-5 minutes until peas become soft and oil starts separating from the mixture.
- Add 1 tsp black pepper powder and garlic paste and cook for a minute.
- Now its time to add the mashed baingan and mix well with the masala mixture. Cook for 5 minutes on high flame
- Garnish it with roughly chopped onion and Finely chopped coriander.
- Serve baingan ka bartha with roti and plain parantha.
Baingan ka bharta Recipe | बैंगन का भरता रेसिपी इन हिंदी
Baingan is roasted in an open flame to give the bartha smoky flavor. Roasted baingan ka bartha is a popular North Indian dish. Baingan ka bartha is one of the easiest recipe.
Type: Main course
Keywords: Baingan ka bharta, Eggplant recipe
Recipe Yield: 3 servings
Calories: 145 kJ
Preparation Time: 10M
Cooking Time: 20M
Total Time: 30M
Recipe Video: https://youtu.be/KVqztm8QGZ0
Recipe Video Thumbnail: https://recipesaga.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Baingan-ka-bharta-recipe.png
Recipe Video Name: Baingan ka bharta Recipe | बैंगन का भरता रेसिपी इन हिंदी
Video Upload Date: 04/01/2020
Recipe Video Description: Baingan ka Bharta Recipe - बैगन का भरता बनाने विधि - बैंगन का भर्ता की रेसिपी - how to make bharta. Roasted baingan ka bartha is a popular North Indian dish\r\n\r\nThe best recipe to prepare baingan ka bartha.\r\n \r\nRecipe:- https://recipesaga.com/baingan-ka-bharta/
Recipe Ingredients: 1 Eggplant\r\n5-6 garlic cloves\r\n1 onion finely chopped\r\n2 tomatoes finely chopped\r\n1tsp turmeric powder\r\n1tsp red chili powder\r\n1/4 cup peas\r\n2tbsp ghee/oil\r\n2tsp garlic finely chopped\r\n2 tbsp green coriander finely chopped\r\nsalt\r\n1 tsp cumin seeds\r\n1 tsp fenugreek(methi)\r\n1tsp of black pepper\r\nFor garnishing\r\n1 roughly cut onion\r\nfinely chopped coriander
Recipe Instructions: 1. Wash the baingan(eggplant). Then make the 4 slits with a knife. Now for roasting keeps the baingan on the medium flame over the gas stove.\r\n2. It takes 10-12 mins to roast completely.\r\n3. Insert the knife or fork it should go easily inside the baingan it means the baingan is roasted well.\r\n4. Remove from gas and let it cool.\r\n5. once it cools peel off the skin and messes it with a fork and keep aside.\r\n6. Take a nonstick pan and heat the ghee in a pan.\r\n7. Add the cumin seeds and fenugreek seeds(methi).\r\n8. Now add onions and ginger and fry until golden brown.\r\n9. Add turmeric powder and red chili powder and fry for a minute.\r\n10. Add chopped tomatoes and cook for a min now add peas and salt and mix it well. Now cover it with a lid until peas become soft.\r\n11. Now add black pepper powder and garlic paste and cook for a minute.\r\n12. Now its time to add the mashed baingan(eggplant). Stir and mix the mashed baingan well with the mixture.\r\n13. cook for 5 minutes.\r\n14. Now its time to garnish the baingan ka bartha with roughly chopped onion and finely chopped coriander.\r\n15. serve baingan ka bartha with chapatis.