Marinated chicken curry is a dish originating from the Indian subcontinent. Yogurt marinated chicken is gravy chicken curry. Marinade produces so much flavor and taste. The secret behind a perfectly cooked chicken curry is its marination process of how we marinate the chicken. Marination adds flavor to food. If you are a chicken curry lover try this marinated chicken recipe.
Marinade refers to a mixture of spices and yogurt in which chicken pieces are soaked for hours and cooked to make delicious curry. I love this marinated chicken curry recipe because it brings a lot of flavors and reduces the time of cooking. Marinade prevents the meat from drying.
yogurt marinated chicken is easy to prepare. You can quickly make it for dinner. The tangy taste will make the marinated chicken curry super delicious.
This easy chicken marinade recipe is going to your favorite. Yogurt marinated chicken is super delicious and yummy. We marinate the chicken pieces along with yogurt and spices.
Here is a very easy recipe for making marinated chicken curry.
Marinated chicken curry recipe
Chicken curry recipe or chicken in yogurt curry is one of my favorite dish, chicken is marinated in spiced yogurt and then cooked to make delicious curry.
Type: Main course
Keywords: marinated chicken curry, Dahi chicken,yogurt marinated chicken
Recipe Yield: 4 serving
Preparation Time: 1H15M
Cooking Time: 30M
Total Time: 1H45M
Rating Minimum: 3
Rating Maximum: 5
Recipe Video: https://youtu.be/Rlonp03mSUw
Recipe Video Thumbnail: https://img.youtube.com/vi/Rlonp03mSUw/mqdefault.jpg
Recipe Video Name: Curd Chicken Curry Recipe
Video Upload Date: 05/26/2020
Recipe Video Description: Dahi wala chicken curry is super delicious and yummy. Chicken curry is a gravy chicken made with Dahi(yogurt).We marinate the chicken pieces along with Dahi and spices.
Recipe Ingredients: 900g chicken 1 tsp coriander(Dhaniya) 1 and half tsp cumin(Jeera) 1 tsp fennel (saunf) 2 cloves(laung) 3 cardamom(elaichi) 4 garlic cloves(lahasun) 1/2 tsp black pepper(काली मिर्च) 1 inch Cinnamon(दालचीनी) 2 tbsp Ghee 2 tbsp tamarind(इमली) 5-6 red chilies 2 cup dahi(yogurt) 3-4 medium sized chopped onion 1 tbsp salt 5-6 curry leaves 1 and tbsp jaggery(गुड़) 2-3 green chillies
Recipe Instructions: Add the coriander seeds, cumin,fennel,cloves,black pepper,cinnamon in a pan and dry roast them until aroma released. Dry roast red chillies for 2-3 minutes. Add garlic cloves,ginger 2tbsp tamarind juice and 3-4 tbsp water in grinding jar. Grind into a fine paste. Pour masala paste and turmeric powder into the curd bowl and whisk well. Take 900g chicken in a bowl and add the curd and masala mixture into it. Coat the chicken well into the masala mixture. Marinate for minimum 1 hr. Now its time to cook. Take a pan and add 2 tbsp of ghee. Now add half tsp cumin seeds and chopped onion .Mix it well and cook until translucent. Now add green chilies and salt. Add marinated chicken and cook for 15 minutes. Now add one and half tbsp jaggery mix it well. Cook on medium flame and stir in intervals. Cook until the chicken is cooked completely and masala is coated onto the chicken pieces. Turn off the flame. Add curry leaves and fresh coriander. Serve it with roti /chapati or rice/ chawal.
How to make marinated chicken curry
- Add the coriander seeds, cumin, fennel, cloves, black pepper, cinnamon in a pan, and dry roast them until aroma released.
- Now dry roast red chilies for 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic cloves, ginger 2 tbsp tamarind juice, and 3-4 tbsp water into grinding jar.
Grind all these into a fine paste.
- its time to Pour masala paste and turmeric powder into the curd bowl and whisk well.
- Take 900-gram chicken in a bowl and add the curd and masala mixture into it.
- Coat the chicken well into the masala mixture and marinate for a minimum 1 hour.
- Take a pan and add 2 tbsp of ghee and allow the ghee to heat.
- Now add half tsp cumin seeds and chopped onion. Mix it well and cook until onion becomes translucent.
- Onion is cooked. Now add green chilies and salt and cook for 1 min.
- Add marinated chicken to the pan and mix well. cook it for 15 minutes.
- It’s been 15 minutes now add one and half tbsp jaggery and mix it well. Close the pan lid.
- Now cook on medium flame and stir in intervals.
- Cook until the chicken is cooked completely and masala is coated onto the chicken pieces.
- The chicken is very well cooked, now turn off the flame.
- Now its time to garnish. Chicken is garnished with curry leaves and fresh coriander and stir it well. Marinated chicken curry is ready to serve.
- Serve it hot with chapati or rice.